Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [EU] budget implications

In article ,
Handsome Jack wrote:
Rod Speed posted
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
But this government is committed to reduce taxation - for the rich.

More remoaner lies. It has in fact reduced taxation for the lowest
income taxpayers too with the increase in the income tax free
threshold.

Also, taxes have increased very significantly for the rich, through the
medium of new capital taxes such as ATED and the second-home stamp duty
surcharge, CGT on foreign properties, and the elimination of various tax
reliefs on property letting. They are about to increase even more
sharply for non-doms in April.

I'd guess you've not kept up with the fact that the spread of incomes has
increased dramatically over the past few decades. In other words, the
differential between the richest and poorest has increased.

But of course it's the poor's fault for being poor.

--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.