Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Cooker circuit question

On Friday, 20 January 2017 11:05:16 UTC, Bert Coules wrote:
The kitchen in my newly-(almost) completed extension has a (professionally
installed) 45A radial cooker circuit which currently terminates in a
junction box. I don't intend to install a cooker but I do need to power an
electric domino hob and a fridge-freezer close to where the box is situated.
Is there any reason why I can't take two 2.5mm cables from the junction box
via two switches to two sockets, to do so?

If the junction box is before/instead of a cooker control unit, no.

If the jb is downstream of a cooker control unit, when someone switches the cooker control unit off, they'll turn the fridge off.

If the cooker circuit trips, you might not notice as quickly as loss of a general power circuit.

This is useful for splitting cooker cables

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/AA45DCOP.html

Owain