Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default [EU] budget implications

dennis@home wrote
Tim Streater wrote

So what contract would that be then?

Anything we have agreed to with anyone else.

Britain has never agreed to continue to
pay the EU anything after it has left the EU.

If we choose to renege on our commitments

There is no such commitment to be reneged on.

then it will seriously affect any future agreements
with anyone else including the EU.

Even sillier and more flagrantly dishonest than you usually manage.

Just like a bankruptcy would with you.

Nothing even remotely like personal bankruptcy in fact.

Brexiteers that think there is a clean exit must be in lala land.

More flagrant dishonesty. What was being discussed was the
flagrantly dishonest claim by you that there is some contract
that requires Britain to continue to send billions to the EU
once it has left the EU. There is no such contract, liar.