Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default [EU] budget implications

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 19/01/2017 16:16, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 19 January 2017 15:49:25 UTC, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article
,
whisky-dave wrote:
The fall in the value of the pound has already cost us more in
increased import costs than any net saving in EU contributions
after we leave.

What do you mean by we ?

Ah - right. You don't personally contribute to the EU budget. I
forgot.

Why would I be contributing after we leave the EU ? I can understand
now why I have to contribute to the EU as we are part of it.

contracts,

No such animal with the EU.

like ending your mobile contract early,

Nothing like, in fact.

you still have to pay,

Not with the EU when a country leaves.

sometimes as a lump sum.

Not with the EU when a country leaves.

Have fun listing the part of the Treaty of Lisbon
that says anything even remotely like that.

Wouldn;t suprie me though if the EU still isnisted we pay for things the
EU won't be supplying.

if its a contract

It isnt.

then you pay or suffer the consequences.

So what would they be, the EU will send in the tanks eh ?