Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default [EU] budget implications

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 19 January 2017 16:09:36 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tim... wrote:
what I don't understand about all these "horror" stories about how this
18%
fall in the pound is affecting prices

is why we didn't see the same stories in the press in 2008 when the
pound
crashed a horrendous 40% (1.45-1.02)

yes 40% - more than twice the fall this time

yet not a squeak there was

Really? I don't know what meja you use,but any change in the value of the
pound was and is covered extensively. Even more so back then with banks
all around the world crashing.

I thought that sort of thing only happened with BREXIT.
Maybe it;s an illustion then and not cause by BREXIT but merchant
investors lokoing to make a killiong because tey want to buy up
the UK cheaply so are devaluoing the pound from afar.

Not possible for them to do that.

Not that I;'m suspicious that qatar and china have brought
the national grid no fiddling there I can assure you. ;-o