Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [EU] budget implications

On 19/01/17 17:42, charles wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 19/01/17 12:41, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 19 January 2017 11:18:05 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,

The fall in the value of the pound has already cost us more in
increased import costs than any net saving in EU contributions after
we leave.

What do you mean by we ?

Apple have biut prices up on teh app store by 25% for the UK but as I
havent; brought an app surely it will only cost those buying rather
than the whole country. You'll notice that they say it;s due to BREXIT
but this doesn't explain why they put the cost up by 33% in india and
30% in Turkey is this all because of BREXIT too ?

You've missed a step. The rise in Apple's prices is becasue of the fall
in the value of sterling. This appears to be because of Brexit. For
India & Turkey, the rise is due to the fall in their currencies against
the dollar. No Brexit connection.

You might not by Apple's products, but you will probably buy other
goods made or grown abroad. These are also creeping (or jumping) up in
price.

Could you explain this because I can't but that's what we're told.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...llowing-brexit

So every price rise from now until teh end of time will be due to
BREXIT I guess the house price riss over the last decade are due to
BREXIT too.

Since nearly all the bricks used in UK housebuilding come from The
Netherlands that might be true.

Do you really think so0?

yes, just look at the shrink wrapped packs of bricks on building sites.

http://www.ibstock.com/

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"