Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default [EU] budget implications

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 11:10:50 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

The fall in the value of the pound has already cost us more in increased
import costs than any net saving in EU contributions after we leave.

Conveniently ignoring the benefit to exporters, of course. Devaluation
is generally good for a country; why else did Harold Wilson devalue
the pound by 14% in 1967, and why else is the FTSE at record highs
ATM, why else is unemployment at its lowest value for 11 years. But
you always do do your best to present a miserable view, don't you.

I've been wondering about that. I don't see much of a surge in
manufacturing or other employment opportunities except perhaps care for
the elderly. Ting! Is that the answer? Employment is buoyant because all
us bulge babies are retired and our jobs are being done by others plus
we need people to look after us:-)

--
Tim Lamb