Kevin Ricks

Default transfer switch on multiwire circuits

"Wade Lippman" wrote in message
If I have both circuits of a multiwire circuit going to a 120v transfer
switch, then I have the potential to exceed the rating on the neutral.

But
if both circuits are just a few amps of lighting, then it really shouldn't
be a problem.

Right? Or am I overlooking something?

Make sure that both of the circuits originate from different poles on the
panel. If so then the currents will cancel. Equal amps on each will produce
0 amps on the neutral. 10 Amps on one side and 8 Amps on the other will net
a 2 Amp load on the neutral etc.
If both circuits originate on the same pole then the currents will add and
you will overload the neutral.
Kevin