Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why do people clear their driveways of snow?

On Wednesday, 18 January 2017 22:11:07 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 11:56:15 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 17 January 2017 21:09:35 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 12:15:38 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 16 January 2017 22:25:39 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:21:19 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 13 January 2017 16:23:30 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 15:38:43 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 13 January 2017 14:15:21 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 12:06:34 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

Just supose you clear yuor driveway with hot water and it then freezes and teh postie falls and breaks a leg.

Easy enough to spot ice while you're walking.

what about while driving have you heard of black ice.

Yes, it's visible as a shiny surface.

So why do they issue specail warning about it if yuo can see it.

They warn you about fog too, and that's very visible.

and rain and snow and even hot weather.

We are treated like children. It has to stop.

Maybe if people stopped acting like children....

Irrelevant.

And just what sped do you drive on your driveway?

Speed is irrelivant resistance is futile ask Anton Yelchin, oh you can't.

At low driveway speeds, you cannot smash into something by hitting black ice.

Why not, what is so specail about black ice ?

It's the low speed that stops you destroying your house.

Low speed of what exactly ?

Your car when on your drive.

What about al those cars crashing at the low speed of not gripping the road and slidding.

No there was a legal requirement to have pavements level.
Which is why they put a notice up after it happened rather than before.
Just like they do even in supermarkets with wet floor signs.
Those signs don't prevent slipping they are there to warn you.

If a pavement isn't level, notice it yourself, stop expecting others to wrap you in cotton wool, it's pathetic.

They have yet to find a way to get guide dogs to see such things as raised pavements and the area wasn't well lit because it was under a bridge with NO lighting.

Then the guide dog isn't trained well enough.

They don't train guide dogs to recognised raised pavements.
I don't think they train them to pull their owners back from steps or stairs either.

There was no sign at the time one appearded later though.

Why should they have to tell people not to walk across their land?

Because it's not a public right of way as it previously was and using it would be at your own risk.

Using anything is at your own risk, you CHOSE to use that path.

People choose to drive cars and take flights and go to resorts in other countries where terrorism allows gunman on the beach and in hotels.
People expect the food they buy to be safe do yuo test food before you eat it to make sure it;s not contaminaed.
we're having rooms checked for asbesdos today.

People need to work out their own dangers and stop expecting everything to be handed to them on a plate.

What do you mean by their own dangers is an out of control car or lorry their danger or someone elses ?

It's a bit like woning a bridge if it;s faulty yuo should put a notice up or stop people using it or at least make some attempt.

********. People should look out for themselves and stop expecting to be treated like children.

Lots of people are children.

Then why does the law apply to adults?

Try thinking about it if you are an adult that is.
Why put speed limits on cars and lorries, why have traffic lights ?

Speed limits are pointless, traffic lights are to increase traffic flow, sensible folk ignore them if their way is clear.

Anyway if the children are so ****ing stupid they can't avoid tripping over something, maybe their parents should keep them on a lead?

Some do.

Then get locked up for cruelty to THEIR OWN children.

No they don't if they are using the lead correctly.
Same as putting baby in one of those cages or cots that they can't get out of themselves the parents aren't charged with imprisioning someone without their consent.

Some adults are put on shoer leads some adults are locked up so they can't interfere with other adults lives maybe we dontl need prisions then if yuo;re not adult enough to aviod murderes or those defrauding you.

Your sentence is disjointed. Drink less then try again.

Inteligent people don;t need every single letter to be in the correct place the human brain can work it out but those wioth teh inteligence of an earthworm micht have probles are you having problems ?

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/cna-yuo-raed-tihs/

I tried it on my cat who didn;t have a clue what the text said, do you have the same problems ?

Why do you need guerentees if you buyt a fauulty product surely that's your problem.

You cannot tell it's faulty. But you can tell there is ice or a pothole in front of you.

can you spot when there is a car in front of you ? How about behind you and to the left and right.
why do people that drive need to be told to keep a specific distance bewteen them. Why do they need to be told when there's corner coming up, why do they need to be told which side of the road to drive on, why is there a line down the middle of the road, why do cars have indicators and warning light ssurely you know which way yuo are going and how come you can;t work out which way the car in front is going ? Seems such peole need an awful lot of info before they can even drive.

Yes it does. The MOT should be abolished.

Why.

Because the safety of your own car is up to you, and nobody else.

What if yuo crash it into someone elses car or hosue that's OK then is it.

They were free to avoid you.

They did that by breaking and some ****wit like yuorself goes into the back of them.

Car insurance should be abolished. Everyone look out for themselves. If we crash into each other, we both pay for our own damages.

What iof a lorry crashed into yuor house, it;s yuor fault for buying a house near a road.

Yes, mine is in a culdesac.

Like your head a dead end in ENGLISH. Why not say it's a dead end.

What about an aircraft falling from the sky because a pilot didnlt check he had enough fuel ?

**** happens. The pilot won't do it twice.

None of his passengers will ever fly with him again either.

What an idiot.
That means that a car can be used as a weapon and if you get killed it's your fauly, what an idiot.

Nobody would destroy their own car on purpose.

And no one would kill themselves either would they.

Most, not intentionally.

Why would you kill yuorself unintentionaly ?

You have to have reasonably flat surfaces to walk or drive on otherwise,
I;d say tough **** for those that drive in potholes and damaged their car,
don't drive on pot holes it's really simple.

I agree, anyone with eyes can avoid holes.

Even the blind or at night without lights.

Get a dog or a friend.

or a brain, you should try it sometime.

Brains allow us to look out for ourselves.

No they do not, brains interpet what they eye can see.
If you're eyses aren;t working the brain can't look.

What about sink holes.

What?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...eorgia-n708106

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-37934011

Rare.

Not that rare depending on where you live.