Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Removing old grease from garage door opener?

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:47:28 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 2:24:13 PM UTC-5, Sam Hill wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 19:14:01 +0000, woodman wrote:

replying to Al Bundy, woodman wrote:
All that stuff works add to it an old blanket or towel draped over rail
then air compressor with a long pin point nozzel works great. Then use a
better lube that doesn't clog like grease does.

Great news ... but "Al Bundy" passed away almost *ELEVEN YEARS AGO* while
waiting for your sage advice.

(Why can't you Home Moaners Hub people read DATES?)

I can only imagine that they can't see them. No one ever cites them.

And aside from that, it sounds like a frigging mess. If a garage door
opener is working, I'd leave it alone. If it needs some lube, I'd
apply it without cleaning out the old lube.

The old lube will get the new lube dirty.