Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default [OT] EU warning label on goods

No its called covering ones back I'd suggest.
its always gone on to make illegal legal as nobody could figure out how to
treat it under other laws.

Very Yes Minister in an EU kind of way.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Bill" wrote in message
I just bought a plastic assembly from Hong Kong as a spare to attach a
camera to a windscreen.

It came in a packet with a yellow, printed, stuck on label reading:

" Goods not fulfilling the conditions laid down in Articles 28 and 29 of
the Treaty on the functioning of the European Union".

As far as I can tell, these articles imply that the mounting is not
allowed free passage into or between EU states and may be liable to
customs and other duties. My package was obviously from Hong Kong, and
also had a large customs declaration sticker saying it was a bike bag of
value $10. I paid about £2.00 including "Free Postage". for the assembly.

Has anyone else seen one of these labels? Will I be ordered off the ferry
if the mounting is discovered? :-)
--
Bill