Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Automatic windscreen wipers and frost

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 00:40:26 -0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Clive George wrote:
On 17/01/2017 21:34, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes
Of course even the earlier intermittent wipe isn't perfect. Needs a
different interval depending on how light the rain is.

I think her indoors Fiesta had a sort of "learning" intermittent.
With the switch in "intermittent" it remembered the interval between
manual uses of the single wipe.

Our Fiesta has an adjustable setting on the control stalk but no
automatics of any sort.

I remember a montego having something like that at the end of the 80s.

Both the cars I've had with rain sensing wipers have an adjustment switch
on the stalk. The older car had 5 settings - this one only 3. And if they
do anything useful, I've not found out what that is. ;-)

It tells the car your capitalistic desires, which being a leftie car, it ignores.

--
I asked a Chinese girl for her number. She said, "Sex! Sex! Sex! Free sex tonight!" I said, "Wow!" Then her friend said, "She means 666-3629."