View Single Post
  #105   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster

Default Why do people clear their driveways of snow?

On Tuesday, 17 January 2017 22:14:43 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:03:48 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 13 January 2017 15:36:28 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 15:25:27 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

But you spend an hour slipping and sliding in it while you're digging!

I wouldn't.

Then you also wouldn't while just walking across it. In fact it's easier to walk through snow than across cleared snow which can be icy.

Then it hasn't been cleared properly has it. Any fool can clear snow away by throwing warm water on it. That clears the snow.

You're right,

I know.

only fools clear snow. Sensible people can just walk through it.

Yep, that's what Robert Scott did, why can't everyone.

Blame society bull****.

Sometiems one has to be resonsible for ones own decisions, you can't always blame 'society' whatever that is.

Precisely, stop clearing your drive for other people. Let them walk across the snow as though they had a brain.

Yep if you can't walk on yuor drive to collect the [post frpm a postman in his van that's your problem get if your arse and collect your own post.

Or if you're expecting a fragile delivery.

Couriers are used to it.

Yeah sure.
mountineers are used to it but some don;t make it back alive, so being used to it is irrelivant from an accident point of view.

Hardly the same difficulty level.

The more difficult something is the more care you take.

It is up to the courier to learn to do the basic task of walking through snow, a naturally occurring substance he encountered as a child.

Or learn to collct your own post it isn't that difficult did you leant to walk to a shop as a kid or do you use amazon for everything.

Or you might know yuo don;t want to clear the snow AFTER coming back from the pub.

You won't care then.

I will if it puts me in hospital, but then again some of us have enough sense to predict what can happen in the future.

Falling over in soft snow is not life threatening.

It is if you hit your head on a wall or something that's what happened to Natasha Richardson.

Clumsy idiot.

only idiots ignore warnings. The sensible take note and act accordingly that's why there are such things as warnings.

maybe that's why I've not taken up hang gliding or any other dangerous sport.

Wimp.

Nah self presevation.

Hiding from all danger is pathetic and boring.

Putting yourself in danger is proof that stupid people do exist and one of them can be next to yuo or in the car behind.
If you're stupid enough to drive in front of an idiot that's your problem too isn't it.