Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HiFi (OT)

In article ,
Johnny B Good wrote:
I can kind of see that, but I don't miss the pops/scratches. Any vinyl I
care about I've rebought on CD: CDs are pretty cheap now, compared to
the 80s.

That's all fine and dandy, provided they hadn't been 'weaponised' for
use in "The Loudness War" campaigns that were (and still are?) being
conducted by "The Pop Industry". Many a good recording suffered the
effects of the extreme levels of compression made possible by DSP when
remastered for re-release on CD. :-(

Yes. It's something many choose to ignore. You almost never hear the
master tape as it left the studio. That goes through a different mastering
process for vinyl and CD and maybe even for downloads. And most you hear
via a broadcast has been processed too.

--
*The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required on it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.