Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HiFi (OT)

In article ,
wrote:
I suppose if you make billions of them the price comes down. But the
precision a decent turntable, arm and cartridge were made to in the good
ol' days suggests otherwise. A replacement stylus for my Ortofon cart.
costs more than one of these USB turntables. ;-)
Also, it was never simple making a good sounding RIAA preamp. Let alone
one which does that for a USB input.

I remember the LM381 making a pretty good job of it.

Right. You'd not want to see what I ended up with, then. ;-)

--
*Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.