Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bartram[_2_] Chris Bartram[_2_] is offline

Default HiFi (OT)

On 2017-01-17, Clive George wrote:
On 17/01/2017 15:38, Tim Watts wrote:

It makes me laugh when I see the vinyl record hipster stores - because
half the people buying vinyl probably have a POS toy turntable with a
cheap ceramic cartridge, unbalanced turntable with all the wow and
flutter possible, unbalanced arm and rubbish pre-amp.

I dunno - IME people who can be arsed with vinyl also tend to be arsed
about getting a decent amp/turntable/speakers.

[FX]Waves

I reckon the market is split: people who will go out and buy a
half-decent turntable etc (or better), and the ones doing it for fashion..

I'm still using the turntable I bought 40 years ago.

Good point. I would be, if I used one.