Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shopsmith on steroids --- Felder CF 741

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 20:33:41 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 13:12:01 -0500,
wrote:
snip
$100K salary isn't rare, absolute job security, and 100% retirement
after 30 years, isn't pocket change. There is _no_corelation between
teacher pay and student performance. Of course, administration costs
don't help anyone, except administrators.
I was talking to a teacher, a policeman, and a firefighter in
Flkorida about 15 or so years ago, and they were all paid so poorly
they had to work second jobs to make ends meet - less than $40,000 for
each of the three. That's what I based my comment on.

A good teacher with a lot of experience who really does their job in
an inner city school might be worth on the high side of $100,000, but
an idler in a decent school? I agree with you - no way.

But there is no difference. They all get paid the same.

Not everywhere.

They do in the US.

There ARE a lot of teachers who should be retired (or fired) but
there are also quite a few MORE who are there for the love of teaching
- passing on knowlege to the kids - who would teach for half their
salary if they didn't have to put up with the politics and bull****
from the ministry and board level.

So get rid of the slackers, and everyone in the way. Drain the swamp,
as it were.