Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HiFi (OT)

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 14:22:54 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
On 17/01/2017 12:41, DerbyBorn wrote:
at one time with turntables we used to study specifications looking
at Wow and Flutter, Rumble and other characterisitics.

You can now buy a turntable for about £50 to output to a MP3 file.

Not worth it when you can just download an MP3. I consider it just a
legal to do so as recording the record. Neither will get you into
trouble.

is my entire LP collection available on MP3? even if it were, it would
cost me quite a lot to duplicate music that I already have.

I'm surprised by the number of folk who have got rid of their record
playing equipment, but kept all their LPs. My niece's hubby is one such.
Given how much space LPs take to store. He was apparently getting one of
these USB turntables for Xmas so he could digitize his LP collection.
I did say he could come here and do it properly. ;-)

I kept my TD160 and I have a few vinyls to do, when I get round to it...