Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Does this need screws?

On 1/16/2017 7:11 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"Greg Guarino" wrote in message
news
On 1/16/2017 4:23 PM, Leon wrote:
But if you feel compelled, counter sink them and plug with oak plugs and
sand smooth.

With the dadoes, there's only 1/2" of "meat" there.

That's enough for plugs but if you think not and want to reinforce in a
sorta decorative way, use dowels. And strength from dowels is greatly
increased of they are inserted at angles. Same for nails and screws.

I considered dowels. That would certainly be easy. I'm becoming
convinced that perhaps none of this is necessary though.

---