Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HiFi (OT)

On 17/01/17 16:25, whisky-dave wrote:

Personally - I buy CDs and rip (carefully with software that retries
errors rather than skips), then encode lossless, plus a second max
bitrate MP3 for and devices that cannot handle lossless.

Where we should be right now is being able to buy digital lossless media
at better than 44kHz sampling...

Yes and we all should spend at least £50 for a decent bottle of wine in a resturant as with most it depends on the price and what you want.
Most of my MP3s are ACC or MP3 at 192KHz or higher.

Where do you get them? Amazon were ****e when I tried...

And it's not about £50. I can get the CD from HMV or Amazon for the
usual price and ripping is free.

All I was saying is by now, we should be able to buy 44.4kHz lossless
DRM free media.

44.4kHz was a compromise between quality and play time. It was a very
good compromise, but we might as well go a little better now there's no
reason not to.