Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Automatic windscreen wipers and frost

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 11:05:25 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Are you certain your works after switching off the engine?

Well clearing the snow from the screen last week they came on
automagically when I pushed the snow off and water blobs were left.

If it is always 'ready' if the stalk is left in the auto position, it
would come on when say using a car wash.

They would, see the comment about them coming on with a fly splatted
screen...

Of course even the earlier intermittent wipe isn't perfect. Needs a
different interval depending on how light the rain is.

I think her indoors Fiesta had a sort of "learning" intermittent.
With the switch in "intermittent" it remembered the interval between
manual uses of the single wipe.

--
Cheers
Dave.