Posted to alt.home.repair
tones2 tones2 is offline

Default TDS is Higher with Water Softener - Why?

replying to JIMMIE, tones2 wrote:
I am getting very similar results at my house and I have low cost GE softener.
My water going in is at 450 on the TDS meter. The water coming out of my
faucet is 560 on the cold side and 880 on the hot side. It seems wrong to me.
However the hardness, tested with color strips, is close to a thousand going
in and 100 to 200 at the faucet. The test strips are very hard to read. I have
been turning up the hardness calculator on my water softener to see if the
hardness will improve. But the TDS readings are scary to me.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...hy-383098-.htm