Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Shopsmith on steroids --- Felder CF 741

On 1/16/17 7:51 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 20:23:32 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 19:59:27 -0500,
wrote:

snip

There is already plenty of money in the schools. More than the
results justify, certainly.

Mabee in some.. Not in the local school where I taught - and it was
a pretty good school. In a good area.

Perhaps it is different in the USa - where the results DO appear to be
a bit poorer - but the teachers are paid less, etc etc etc.

An interesting comparison is looking at metrics like graduation rate,
reading "levels" upon graduation, college bound percentages, etc. and
comparing that with money spent per student.
Very little correlation. There are differences in students (poverty
rates, etc.) but I find it hard to believe that more money == better
students.

Teachers are the "front line" in this war, pay for performance, not
seniority. Someone who commits to excelling in teaching (like with any
other profession) should reap the rewards.

-BR