Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave in SoTex Dave in SoTex is offline

Default Another great institution closing.

"G. Ross" wrote in message
G. Ross wrote:
Dave in SoTex wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message

Hard to believe, I can remember when the Summit was being built. About
1975 ish IIRC. It was a great concert venue.

I can't remember seeing a concert at the Summit [what does THAT
say?],
saw many in the old Sam Houston Coliseum back in the 70s, Springsteen at
the
adjoining Music Hall in the mid-70s and Clapton and Cream my senior year
in
HS [67-68]. And a couple at Hofheinz Pavilion on the UH campus. Seems
like
there was one in the Dome [Who? Rolling Stones?]. The Eagles at Jeppesen
Stadium [UH campus, 1975].
Last night my SYB and I attended the opening musical concert at the

Snip

Showing my age, but the SYB reference threw me. My first thought was
Senior YearBook, then Second Youngest Brother. Maybe Silly Young
Bride? ;)

Oops. I meant to say Sweet Young Bride.

Bingo.