RamblinOn

Default Contractor has to see you AND the wife????

TOM KAN PA wrote:

Why won't a contractor come out to the house to give me an estimate?
I called a company that is applying that *liquid vinyl siding*. All I wanted
was an estimate. Wasn't going to pick a color. He insisted on coming out in an
evening when the wife was home. I told him that I knew how much we could
afford and if we go with it, then she can choose the color. Nope, he would not
come out just to give me alone an estimate.
Same for windows. We knew exactly what we wanted. Three sliders, two double
hung in white. Nope, we both had to be there.
As far as I'm concerned two sales could have been lost because of the
bullheaded stubborn policy.

Wisdom borne of experience? He knows men don't give a damn, or know a
damn, what color goes with the drapes or the flowers? If he lost two
sales, it is probably far less, in terms of time, than he loses because
hubby picks out a color the wife doesn't like. No way on earth would I
let my hubby pick out anything with the word "color" in it. He doesn't
know his puce from his taupe. )