View Single Post
  #91   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster

Default Why do people clear their driveways of snow?

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:21:19 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 13 January 2017 16:23:30 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 15:38:43 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 13 January 2017 14:15:21 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 12:06:34 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

Just supose you clear yuor driveway with hot water and it then freezes and teh postie falls and breaks a leg.

Easy enough to spot ice while you're walking.

what about while driving have you heard of black ice.

Yes, it's visible as a shiny surface.

So why do they issue specail warning about it if yuo can see it.

They warn you about fog too, and that's very visible.

And just what sped do you drive on your driveway?

Speed is irrelivant resistance is futile ask Anton Yelchin, oh you can't.

At low driveway speeds, you cannot smash into something by hitting black ice.

We has a similar siruation here where there was a cut through walkway and an old lady tripped over a raised paving slab the college was balamed as it didn;t maintain the pavement,

How stupid. There's plenty things to trip on around here, but people look where they're going.

She was quite old 70+ with a stick from what I heard at the time but the college wanted iot kept quite for some reason the women was in hospital for a few days she hit her head/face on the concrete.

That's called an ACCIDENT.

Waiting to happen they;d ignored reports of the unlevel surface.

No, she ****ed up and tried to blame others. It's called "blame society bull****", America is famous for it.

but the college said this was not a right of way and the genral public shouldn;t be walking there. So that shows you how much it cares about staff and studetns , so they put a no access notice in the area.

If the old lady wasn't a student, the college were correct.

So should have blocked it off then but they didn't.

No. They shouldn't have to tell people not to walk across their land.

There was no sign at the time one appearded later though.

Why should they have to tell people not to walk across their land?

It's a bit like woning a bridge if it;s faulty yuo should put a notice up or stop people using it or at least make some attempt.

********. People should look out for themselves and stop expecting to be treated like children.

The why worry about car speeds or even keeping your car in good repair tough luck if you crash, yeah like that makes sense.

Yes it does. The MOT should be abolished. Car insurance should be abolished. Everyone look out for themselves. If we crash into each other, we both pay for our own damages.

You have to have reasonably flat surfaces to walk or drive on otherwise,
I;d say tough **** for those that drive in potholes and damaged their car,
don't drive on pot holes it's really simple.

I agree, anyone with eyes can avoid holes.

--
Saturday morning I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, and slipped quietly into the garage. I hooked up the boat up to the van, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour. The wind was blowing 50 mph, so I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad all day. I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed.. I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."
My loving wife of 5 years replied, "And can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?"
And that's how the fight started...