Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Newgene McMensa Newgene McMensa is offline

Default Gas Dryer Air

wrote in message ...
Oh, the air from your house will be far too humid to dry clothes in the way you describe - unless you have several hours (wool) or days (cotton) to spend on it.

Air Drying in that cold room is as good or better as the air in that room will be far less humid than that from your house under most condition. If you live in tropical climes, no. But if you are in the great frozen north, or equivalent, yes.

It's very dry here inside, but we keep it cool. Right now, without heat, a normal load of cotton clothes takes about 3 times as long as normal. I usually run one cycle, take out the light stuff and run it 2 more times for jeans & towels.

If I knew where the room air comes in, I can run a 6-ft duct over to a warmer area.