Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Why do people clear their driveways of snow?

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:11:04 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 13 January 2017 15:53:07 UTC, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 13 January 2017 14:15:21 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 12:06:34 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

Just supose you clear yuor driveway with hot water and it then
freezes and teh postie falls and breaks a leg.

Easy enough to spot ice while you're walking.

what about while driving have you heard of black ice.

you can get that on pavements, too. I managed to avoid some this morning by
walking on the road.

I do that too sometimes especailly as they grit the road but not the pavements.
be interesting to see what they do with teh cycle highways.

They will be gritted at the cost of road tax paid by car drivers.

We has a similar siruation here where there was a cut through walkway
and an old lady tripped over a raised paving slab the college was
balamed as it didn;t maintain the pavement,

How stupid. There's plenty things to trip on around here, but people
look where they're going.

She was quite old 70+ with a stick from what I heard at the time but the
college wanted iot kept quite for some reason the women was in hospital
for a few days she hit her head/face on the concrete.

70+ is NOT quite old. It's being suiggested that you shouldn't be calle
old until you are 75 - I'm still old.

Some used the pension age to decide whether someone was old or not.
As in old age pension in that yuo have to be old to get it.
Not very PC I know.

I go by wrinkles and stooped posture.

but the college said this was not a right of way and the genral
public shouldn;t be walking there. So that shows you how much it
cares about staff and studetns , so they put a no access notice in
the area.

If the old lady wasn't a student, the college were correct.

You even have to worry about the health and safety of criminals on your
property.

To some extent yes.

The only worry about criminals on my property is if I can render them dead/unconscious/on fire.

--
Are part-time bandleaders semi-conductors?
Only if they've had a sex-change. Then they're trans-sisters.