Jarkat2002

Default Contractor has to see you AND the wife????

Why won't a contractor come out to the house to give me an estimate?
I called a company that is applying that *liquid vinyl siding*. All I wanted
was an estimate. Wasn't going to pick a color. He insisted on coming out in
an
evening when the wife was home. I told him that I knew how much we could
afford and if we go with it, then she can choose the color. Nope, he would
not
come out just to give me alone an estimate.
Same for windows. We knew exactly what we wanted. Three sliders, two double
hung in white. Nope, we both had to be there.
As far as I'm concerned two sales could have been lost because of the
bullheaded stubborn policy.

It's a sales tactic. He will come out and act like he knows everything and
anything about what he is selling you. He will tell you all the bad things
about the competitor's product. He will focus on that quite a bit, maybe even
more than the good of his product. He will talk numbers quietly and price
points won't come up often. Many men think they can over power the 'husbands'
decision by putting doubt in the wife's mind and that the husband will go along
with the wife to keep the peace.
IMO I wouldn't trust this guy and move on.
~Kat

There is no wisdom greater than kindness.
Lucky Numbers 1, 4, 19, 24, 29