Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Automatic windscreen wipers and frost

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 11:05:25 -0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
The auto wipers work well on my car, variable sensitivity to rain and
go from a single wipe as required to double speed flat out. Trouble
is the "single wipe as required" can happen on a lightly fly splatted
windscreen converting it from one can be seen through to one with
smeared fly splat that isn't... The auto doesn't cancel when you
switch off, but static snow frost doesn't trigger 'em. The heated
windscreen means that the blades aren't still frozen to the screen by
the time the rain sensor "sees water" and triggers a wipe. With frost
and light snow it's almost a fully automatic self clear.

I've had two different makes with rain sensing wipers. Both I'd guess with
Bosch systems being German cars.

Neither works perfectly in town. Too much a build up of rain on the screen
before they wipe. I end up using the single wipe function they both have.

Are you certain your works after switching off the engine? If it is always
'ready' if the stalk is left in the auto position, it would come on when
say using a car wash. Which might just remove the wipers.

Then turn it off before entering, there's probably a warning sign on the wash.

Silly to make something car wash proof and ruin its everyday use.

--
"Okay, okay, I take it back! Un**** you!"