Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Another great institution closing.

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 12:51:30 -0600, Leon wrote:

While I hate to see a 160 year old business close, I never saw the
attraction. Went to the circus once about 60 years ago and never had a
desire to go back. Remember, it used to be two different circuses that
combined to survive. May have even been a third one swallowed up too,
Cole Bros.

I think the entertainment dynamic has changed. Kids are the target, for
the most part. Has any one seen a kid out doors lately? :~)

Like most, I loved the circus as a kid. I've gone twice as an adult,
once to B&B and once to Shriners. Even though those are at different
ends of the circus spectrum, my response to both was neutral - not bad,
but I wouldn't put out any great effort to go to either one.

So I guess you're right - you've gotta' be a kid to get blown away bu a
circus.

BTW, the fairgrounds near my childhood home had harness racing in the
summer. Could watch from outside without paying from a convenient
haystack. Had to dodge the occasional fairgrounds employee who was paid
to chase off the freeloaders, but I still enjoyed it more than the
circus. Maybe dodging the rent-a-cop was part of the fun:-).

--
What if a much of a which of a wind gives the truth to summer's lie?