Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

In article ,
says...

On 1/14/17 9:33 AM, Jack wrote:
On 1/13/2017 5:28 PM, Markem wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 17:46:17 GMT,
(Scott
Lurndal) wrote:

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:

Granted again prices are all over the board on Amazon. While
Prime is expensive up front each year, $99, that gets whittled
away quickly if you need items quickly and actually pay extra
for 2nd day delivery.

Prime is good for some and so much for others.

While I have no claim on internet retailing experience, I've
found that my prime membership (and my costco executive
membership) have paid for themselves each year, so far. Just
watching Bionic Woman episodes on Amazon Prime TV was sufficient,
Ah Jamie :-).

Do not do Amazon in this household, you see my wife is in the
publishing business. Amazon has made margin in that business a
joke.

I only buy books from Amazon, used. $.01 for most books, plus $3.99
shipping, so $4 delivered to your door. All the books I've bought
are like new. Your wife doesn't need to worry about me though, I
don't buy many books. My wife buys a ton though, and I have no clue
what she pays, but they are all bought on-line, probably Amazon.

As someone who has tried to make a living in the music business, I know
that those barn doors are not only open, but gone, entirely.... in fact
the barn has been burned to the ground.

The price of music has dropped so far that it's not even an apples to
oranges comparison between now and then, it's an apples to spaceships
comparison.

There ain't no going back so fighting it is futile.

The simple fact is that audiophile recordings
are a niche market. Most people are happy to
pay 99 cents a track for MP3 singles. But I'm
also seeing the MP3 albums going for more than
the CD despite higher costs of production, which
says that somebody somewhere is profiteering and
if it's not the musician then he needs to
reconsider his distribution channel.