Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

In article 587237d0$0$10185$c3e8da3
, Puckdropper
says...

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:k9hcA.238056$hu2.141755
@fx02.iad:

On 1/7/2017 8:25 PM, wrote:

I hate satellite TV. We've had both and they're crap. Every time a
cloud rolls by they go out. They claim that it doesn't happen but it
does and they can't/won't fix it. No thanks.

You must have a decent cable company. We don't. Cable would go out in
light rain, and a hundred other reasons. My neibor stopped over the
other day and was complaining about the cable company and how email is
down frequently.

Takes a really bad storm for DirecTv to go out. In a year we may lose
15 minutes and get pixelation a few seconds a month if heavy storm
clouds. It kept working even in a blizzard.

That's been my experience with Satellite as well. During a snow storm if
the dish stops working it's time to take a broom or a hockey stick or
something and brush the snow off.

I've got a heated dish--when it snows I just
flip a switch and problem solved. OTOH, I've
dropped that service--now I have fast Internet
and individual Hulu, Netflix, and Prime
subscribtions that get me more TV than I have
time or inclination to watch. I did get the
"flex" package from the cable company that lets
me stream the local channels and watch HBO for
about the same price as I would have paid for
online HBO alone.

We have no cable company, I've looked. I'd love to be rid of AT&T, but
only if the alternative isn't worse. To their credit, they're usually
reliable... but I do lose connection for a few minutes every once in a
while.

Puckdropper