Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Paint for microwave

On 12/01/2017 22:56, Graham. wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 21:36:50 +0000, ss wrote:

I have a couple of rust spots inside microwave, 3 years old so should
last a bit more.
Any ideas on what type of paint I could use to touch it up.
Rust about 3 x 1 cms size.

You can buy special microwave paint, Google for it.
It's probably the same as car paint or something, who knows?

The best advice I can give is when you replace your microwave, do what
I did and choose one with a stainless steel cooking cavity.

+1

When looking at the models with stainless steel inners also select the
one with the fewest number of 'ventilation' holes - some seem to have
fully perforated panels on all sides as well as the top while others
have small areas of perforations making cleaning less of a chore.

And if its microwave only, consider buying one of those large microwave
splash guards - when something explodes it mainly only covers the inside
of the guard which can easily be washed.