Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
Benderthe.evilrobot Benderthe.evilrobot is offline

Default APC UPS -- replace battery, or...?

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
I have an APC Back-UPS ES 750 to which I have plugged in my PVR (a not
particularly high-powered computer, and with only one HD). It is not
indicating that the battery is dead and needs replacing, but whenever the
power goes off, even for just a second or two, the UPS indicates that it
is overloaded (no indicator lights, and continuous sound).

Is it worth replacing the battery just in case, or is this thing ready for
the recyclers?

A UPS I bought had an energy saving feature that prevented it operating if
the load was under a specified value.

The last battery problem I had involved a battery that seemed to be OK, but
the UPS played dead.

All tests suggested the battery was good - but it was sluggish turning over
a motorcycle starter.