Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Trex - horrible to paint

On 1/14/2017 3:05 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 05:42:58 -0800 (PST), been sorry for 17 years
wrote:

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 2:40:30 AM UTC-5, Higgs Boson wrote:

After the fact, went on-line. Trex only approves 2 coverage, both stains.
But other sites don't specifically say don't use paint.

Wish I'd left the Trex alone; it was an unobtrusive pinkish beige-ish color

Was this a unique experience? What, if anything, did I do wrong?

TIA

HB

What you did wrong was try to paint an unpaintable surface. The
uncoated Trex can be coloured using a penetrating transparent or
semitransparent stain - not too much in the world of "paint" that will
stick to the stuff.

Laughable (old) post. He says he went on line after the fact and says
Trex only approves 2 coatings and then asks what he did wrong. Duh, RTFM