Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

Jack wrote:
On 1/13/2017 3:05 PM, wrote:

There is a REASON there is a difference between wholesale (warehouse)
and retail (store) pricing - and it has nothing to do with the
retailer going after your gonads.

The reason a retailer is going after my gonads is not important to me.
If an item cost 3-10 times as much at a retail store, I'm not likely
going to buy it, nor will their price gouging ways send a chill up my
leg.

I hate buying machine screws at Borgs, they come in sealed package of
3 for .99. I need 4, and the price is stupid. Hardware stores used
to sell them by the pound and they were cheap. Lowes sells threaded
inserts individually for 10x's more than I can buy them at Granger.

Why Sears, Lowes, Home Depot won't give a decent price on small items
is not important to me. I guess enough people don't mind getting
screwed, or even know they are getting screwed.
I've been there myself.

I needed a couple of screws from a small computer store. He asked me for
50 cents or so, but I gave him $2, and thanked him.