Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Taymar blowtorch cartridge replace

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 13:19:53 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

AnthonyL wrote:

old Taymar LG870

I have one too as my "backup" blowtorch, it's not been used since I
bought a piezo one.

Certainly the EN417 cartridges from GoSystem/CampingGaz etc fit the
taymar, I just fired it up and the blue inner flame burns quite ragged
and blunt rather than sharp and pencil-like compared to the new torch,
that could be due to the butane/propane mix, maybe it should have a
different jet, or maybe could be compensated for by moving the head back
or forward a little relative to the stem?

I suppose for the little bit of pre-soldered water pipe joints that I
need to use I might as well use my spare camping gas cannister if all
I'm going to suffer is a slightly less efficient flame.

--
AnthonyL