Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
Andrew Rossmann Andrew Rossmann is offline

Default APC UPS -- replace battery, or...?

In article ,
says...

I have an APC Back-UPS ES 750 to which I have plugged in my PVR (a not
particularly high-powered computer, and with only one HD). It is not
indicating that the battery is dead and needs replacing, but whenever
the power goes off, even for just a second or two, the UPS indicates
that it is overloaded (no indicator lights, and continuous sound).

Is it worth replacing the battery just in case, or is this thing ready
for the recyclers?

I have several of these in various versions. The battery is a standard
12V, 9Ah battery. The latest 'real' APC battery is a Kung Long WP9-
125HR. I have also seen a CSB brand HR1234WF2.

Basically, it's a roughly 5.94x2.56x3.72 battery with .250 (1/4 inch)
terminals. Be aware that Amazon or others may link some of those part
numbers to other 'similar' batteries. Major names are CSB, PowerSonic.

Mouser Electronics has a genuine CSB for about $27.44.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross