Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Taymar blowtorch cartridge replace

Every 20yrs or so I need to do a bit of water pipe soldering - last
week being such an occasion as a piece of pipe on the main pressure
had a pin-hole leak.

Anyhow out comes the old Taymar LG870 and the RF89 Butane cylinder is
empty (maybe I should have unscrewed the torch after last use).

Now I understand Taymar is defunct. I have a cylinder for a small
camping gas burner but that is a Butane/Propane mix and looking for
other cylinders on the net yield similar results - Butane/Propane mix.

So what can I use? Does the Butane/Propane mix make a difference?
Can I use the smaller cylinder? I don't want to unnecessarily fork
out £20 when the torch last worked fine.

--
AnthonyL