Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

If you know of the OLD and first store - not far from it.
I was in MITS building next door to HP and the medical building.

If you know the area - the HP building had a linear Accelerator and
various targets to make isotopes for medicine.

I'm familiar with the SLAC on the campus of Stanford.

Martin

On 1/13/2017 7:45 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Martin Eastburn writes:
On 1/12/2017 10:18 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

All the stores have the large checkout area with 50 or so registers.

I don't recall ever seeing them use the second set of 25, and in the
few years, they seldom have more than two or three registers open. But
then I go there once or twice a year now (more frequently in the past).

Each store has a "theme". The Brokaw store is Mayan themed, the Burbank
store looks like a crashed spaceship from a 50's SF movie. The Palo
Alto store is a wild-wild-west theme. The Campbell store is Egyptian
themed. I haven't been to the Anaheim store, but it is based on the
Space Shuttle.

Houston looks like it's oil (suprise!) themed.

http://www.frys.com/template/isp/ind...tore%20History

I used to work across from one in Sunnyvale. It was a place to eat
lunch and look at the new tech books and buy the odd thing needed at
home. Then at Christmas - the kitchen area was large and I found plenty
of presents there when I wanted.
That was in Y2k and thereafter.

*top posting fixed*

Which sunnyvale store? There have been three, if I recall correctly.