Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Is there a chemical antidote to bleach that will inactivate itinstantly?

On 1/13/2017 3:42 PM, wrote:
I guess everyone here just wanted to argue scientific facts instead of giving you your answer.

Fact is, your carpet is probably ****ed but most carpets do not stain
from bleach because theyre

color fast. cut out the section of carpet that is ruined and cut a piece
from a closet if it

matches and replace the square. Don't mix chemicals if you don't know
what you are doing.

On the bright side, you have been given a chemistry lesson. Lol.

I'd use metabisulfite which I have but see dilute peroxide is also
recommended. Bleach is a powerful oxidizing agent and spill on a carpet
is bound to bleach the dye immediately.