Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Exploring

On 1/13/2017 11:48 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 1/13/2017 9:19 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
Home Depot was all out of Siberian Larch lumber so I **** canned this
project. ^ยบ^

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xj4gSMdaaxE?autoplay=1

Shipping cost for a used one from Lohmar, Germany?
https://www.machinio.com/listings/15...lohmar-germany

Looking at more of their videos it appears that Hammer has adopted the
Laguna style band saw guides. Maybe Laguna makes them for Hammer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTu0nY5Hn5c

Or maybe Laguna and Hammer buy them from the same Bulgarian factory....

Certainly the saws may be, along with the Italian factories.

I think the Laguna guide is actually an exclusive add on item that they
manufacture, I could be wrong. Laguna saws come from Italy and other
eastern areas like Bulgaria so not all are made in the same factory. I
understood that the Laguna guides were added on after Laguna takes
possession of the saw. And Laguna offers their guides for other brand
saws. Also I have not seed this type ceramic guide on any other brand
until now. I did quite a bit of research on many band saws 10 years
ago, including Hammer/Felder and only Laguna had this type guide when I
bought my Laguna at that time. Laguna also adds on the Baldor motors
after taking possession.

https://lagunatools.com/accessories/...ide-selection/