Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default Bi-fold door hardware question

wrote in message
On Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 10:05:38 AM UTC-4, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Some while back, browsing at the library, I saw an ad in Fine Woodworking
for bi-fold door hardware that allows the door to swing OUT of the
opening
when in the open position. In other words, the door folds back against
one
of the adjacent walls instead of hogging room within the opening.

Can't find the article, don't know which issue. Tried Google. Does
anybody
have a lead on this item?

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary

I didn't see a question from you, , but I'm guessing
you also want to have bifold doors fold into the room rather than the closet
just like Ivan did almost 7 years ago, right? If do, that is the normal
way, no special hardware needed.

Now answer a question for me: how could anyone screw up a bifold door
installation so they swing into the closer?