Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

On 1/13/2017 10:24 AM, Jack wrote:
On 1/13/2017 9:36 AM, Leon wrote:
On 1/12/2017 9:56 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

WOW! They must have been picking on you in particular, I never
experienced that.

They weren't just picking on him, they picked on me too. I hated
answering the same
questions over and over again. It's a frigging electronics store.
Shouldn't just a phone
number bring up everything they needed? Even Harbor Freight can do that.

I used to make stuff up just to screw with them.

I never had any issue, just gave them my telephone number. If you were
making stuff up they probably got several extra hits on your reference
and then had to narrow it down to which one you were going to pick for
that day.

You missed the part where he said "Shouldn't just a phone number bring
everything up" If that worked, we wouldn't be bitching about the
annoyance they caused.

If your RS only wanted a Phone number, they should have passed that
secret on to the rest of their stores. Apparently they were not smart
enough to do that, or were _you_ getting special treatment?

If I shop at RS and my wife shops at RS and my son Shops at RS and we
all give RS our own unique phone number and a common address there has
to be a way to differentiate us, hence the questions to narrow down who
is being sold to. Then enter into the mix phone number changes, new
addresses.

Typically is in such a hurry that he does not wait to have the
information updated and you have to go through this process each time.

I do this every time at Woodcraft. I have a taxable account and
business non taxable account and to make it easier to differentiate I
tell them to pick the one that references my or or my wifes name
depending on whether the sale is taxable or not. Both of our phone
numbers and old land line number pointed to the same two business accounts.