Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

On 1/12/2017 10:56 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 10:57:42 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 1/12/2017 9:44 AM, Jack wrote:

Every time I went into Radio shack I had to give them my name, address,
phone number, wife's maiden name, first born's name, favorite dogs name
and other assorted stupid crap. I once tried to buy without giving them
the info and they wouldn't sell to me until I did. There's a great
marketing strategy, **** off your customers. I believe they have a
pretty good online presence, in which they probably found even better
ways to **** off customers.

WOW! They must have been picking on you in particular, I never
experienced that.

They weren't just picking on him, they picked on me too. I hated answering the same
questions over and over again. It's a frigging electronics store. Shouldn't just a phone
number bring up everything they needed? Even Harbor Freight can do that.

Yes, that's what they did to everyone around here, and they did it for
many, many years and in different stores, so it seemed to be a company
policy that was poorly implemented. Rockler, HF and others do it with no
annoyance.

I used to make stuff up just to screw with them.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com