Owen Funkhouser

Default Replacing Gas Line on Weedeater

Owen Funkhouser wrote:

My weedeater's gas line finally bit the dust (literally) and I'm now in the
process of trying to replace it. I have very TINY hole in the gas tank that I
fit a small rubber hose through. The hose is the right side but I just need
some tips on how to get the tube through that hole in the gas tank. Help?

Thanks for all the tips!

I ended up cutting the hose at an angle. Using a twisting action with a very
small push, I was able to finally get the hose into the tank. I continued this
until the hose stuck out the top. I attached the "fish tank like filter stone"
to it and pulled the line about 1/2 inch back.

Attaching the other side of the hose to carburator was a nightmare. The hose
kept splitting. So after about an hour, I found some old scraps of the hose.
To my amazement, I learned that there are two sizes of hose involved in this
process. The small hose I had is used for the gas tank and a larger hose is
used to connect to the carburator. There is a nifty little white connector that
I forgot about, which is used to connect the two lines.

It is all back together. But I lost my spark plug in the process ... always
something.

Thanks again for all of the tips!