Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More green lies.

On 12/01/17 20:53, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 18:31:28 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

TimW wrote:

newshound wrote:

Well when *I* fire up the woodburner, the TRVs kick in and my gas bill
goes down.

Exactly. I didn't express myself well, but burning wood is carbon
neutral as long as the carbon cycle continues of Co2 to hydrocarbons by
plant growth then back to CO2 by oxidisation. It isn't carbon neutral if
the forest is just wasted and not replanted. But it is a fine thing you
do for mankind every night that you light your woodburner

So given the gas/coal/oil that gets burnt also releases CO2 that allows
new wood to grow, isn't that good too? The only difference being between
a few decades and a few hundred million years!

Presumably the total carbon content of the world has been constant,
pretty much since it was formed, with the possible exception of the
addition of a few carbonaceous chondrites over the millennia, which
probably haven't changed the overall percentage by very much.

well there's a bit of carbon 14 that gets formed from nitrogen here and
there.

Mind you it turns back to nitrogen after a few thousand years.

More of God's Nuclear Waste eh harry?

kind word alone.

Al Capone