Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Automatic windscreen wipers and frost

On 12/01/2017 20:55, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bod wrote :
On 12/01/2017 20:46, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) submitted this idea :
My last two cars have had them - rain sensing. But they cancel when you
switch off the engine - even if you leave the switch in that position.
You
have to reset the switch after starting the engine. Anything else
would be
stupid.

FWIW, neither system worked as well as I'd like. Despite several
settings,
often wouldn't trigger with a wet screen.

My car has them, they work perfectly and are inhibited if you restart
the engine. The switch has to be reset to put them back on to auto.

Exactly what mine does.

I meant to say the auto, slow and fast speeds all have to be reset, on
restarting the engine - otherwise no movement of the blades until.

That's what I thought you meant and it makes sense to work that way.