Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default Clare. Fuel amount per injector firing?

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 08:58:36 -0800, wrote:

I guess what I'll be doing first is to see if the injectors for a
Toyota Camry 4 cylinder will work. I'm not sure yet how I will measure
the quantity of lube delivered. I think that weighing a small
reservoir before and after might work. Maybe inject the lube into a
ballon and weigh it. I do have a scale that would work.
Eric

If you can come up with an old computer with a real honest-to-God
parallel port, I can give you some software that will make the job
trivial. It uses a parallel port pin to drive the circuit I described
earlier. It allows you to set the pulse width and the total number of
pulses. If your fluid is fairly non-volatile, you could fire the
injector into a tall glass and weigh. If it is volatile then you'll
need some sort of seal over the glass.

Sorry, never got around to porting the software to emulated ports.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com